Weapon / Armor Upgrading FAQ
Weapon / Armor Upgrading FAQ
1. What is weapon/armor upgrading?
Weapon/armor upgrading is the process of using upgrade components in order to increase the attack power (weapons) and defense (armor) of weapons/armor.
2. What items are used for upgrading?
There are 7 upgrade components that can be used. Each component has 2 variants. 6 of those upgrade components can be used with armor only, the remaining 1 can only be used for weapons, The component used to increase the attack power of weapons is burr (and fine burr). Meanwhile the component used to increase the defense of an armor is protection potion (and luxury protection potion). The remaining 5 components provide elemental resistance and can only be used on armor. The 5 components are crystal(ice resistance), sodium(electric resistance), iron(fire resistance), silver(poison resistance) and bone powder(wind resistance.) Their variants are as follows fine crystal, fine sodium, fine iron, fine silver, fine bone powder.
3. How do I upgrade items?
In order to upgrade an item you need a weapon or an armor in your inventory. Next, left click on the upgrade component then bring it on top of the weapon/armor that you wished to upgrade, then right click on that item. Your item is now upgraded.
4. Where can I get upgrade components?
Upgrade components are only dropped by monsters. You can’t buy upgrade components at any NPC. Oftentimes there are players that sell upgrade components, you can buy upgrade components from them. There are also events that give upgrading components as reward.
5. Can I remove upgrade components?
No, once the upgrade component has been used, it can never be removed. Be careful using upgrade components.
6. What is the maximum upgrade level?
The maximum upgrade level is +9 (plus nine).
7. How many weapon / armor stats are added per upgrade level?
Added attack power and defense varies from one weapon/armor to another.
8. Which of the upgrade items do i use for weapons? How about for armor?
You use burr and fine burr for weapons. For armor, you use protection potion, luxury protection potion, crystal, fine crystal, sodium, fine sodium, iron, fine iron, silver, fine silver, bone powder and fine bone powder.
9. There seems to be two variants for each kind of upgrade item, what's the difference with each variant?
Upgrade components that do not have the “fine” prefix, will only upgrade the weapon/armor from +1 to +4 Upgrade components that have the “fine” prefix, will upgrade the weapon/armor from +1 to +9.
10. Are there any risks when upgrading weapons/armor?
There is absolutely no risk of any kind when upgrading from +1 to +4. However from +4 there is already a risk when upgrading a weapon. As the “+” increases, the risk also increases.
11. What are the chances of having a successful upgrade?
+1 to +4 = 100%
+4 to +5 = 50%
+5 to +6 = 25%
+6 to +7 = 17.5%
+7 to +8 = 12.5%
+8 to +9 = 4.25%
The percentage is just a basis.
12. What happens when the upgrade fails?
There are three things that could happen you weapon. First, the upgrade fails, nothing happens to your weapon. Second, the upgrade fails, the upgrade level goes back to zero (0). Third, the upgrade fails and your weapon breaks, rendering it unusable.
13. Can I buy upgrading components in RAN's online shop?
Upgrade components is not available in RAN’s item shop.
14. If I buy this from the marketplace, how much does each upgrading item cost?
Upgrade components sold in the marketplace by players varies from one player to another. There is currently no price range for items sold in the marketplace.
15. My weapon/armor is already +4 and I still used a burr/protection potion and other non “fine” upgrade components, what will happen?
The weapon will not get upgraded anymore, you will see a warning message in red in the chatbox that you cannot use burr / protection potion to upgrade the weapon. You need to use fine burr / luxury protection potion and other “fine” upgrade component to go beyond +4.
16. My weapon/armor is already +9 and I still used a fine burr/ luxury protection potion and other “fine” upgrade components, what will happen?
You will not be able to upgrade your weapon any further. You will see a warning message in red in the chatbox.
17. Can I upgrade accessories including those I bought from the item shop?
No, you cannot upgrade accessories including those bought from the item shop?
18. Can I upgrade weapons I bought from the item shop?
Yes you can but these weapons have an expiration date. You may be just wasting upgrade components.
19. Can I upgrade costumes?
No, you cannot but you can upgrade the armor where the costume has been attached with
20. Can I restore/retrieve weapons/armors that has been lost through failed weapon/armor upgrades?No, once the weapon/armor shatters, it is lost forever.